Welcome to the Core Lab, as this facility has a shared use by various private companies, students, and TCU staff, we ask that you abide by these few rules. This is to ensure you; your property, visit, and this facility are safe and well maintained. We adhere to OSHA standards and expect to visitors as well.
Visitors, faculty, and students:
- Do not park in front of delivery doors, there is parking along the street and in the east parking lot.
- Keep all viewing room exterior doors closed, this is an air condition space.
- No open toed shoes allowed.
- Absolutely no TOBACCO use while on property, cigarettes, dipping, or e-cigarettes.
- Do not enter other TCU cages without a representative present.
- TCU is not responsible for lab material left behind after viewings.
- Coordinate all viewing with facility manager.
- While multiple viewings are in progress, do not enter the other rooms without an invitation.
- DO NOT TAPE ANY ITEMS TO THE WALL… it peels the paint. There are two white boards that are magnetic.
- Students are responcible for laying out and picking up their own projects, as well as picking up / cleaning up after themselves. Wipe down the tables as you found them.
- COORDINATE WITH FACILITY MANAGER TO REMOVE CORE SLABS, BUTT ENDS, OR CUTTINGS FROM SHELVES. THIS IS FOR YOUR SAFETY, AS MANY OF THESE PALLETS ARE OVER 2,000 LBS. DO NOT REMOVE ANY PORTION BY HAND
- Deliveries are received by appointment only. Call 682-321-3964 prior to arrival.
Facility Services Provided:
- Receive, inventory and store 1/3 core slabs, 2/3 butt ends, and dry cuttings.
- Ship core to other locations
- Prepare, layout, and schedual viewings.
- Spectra Gamma xray
- Florecence box
- x3 power microscope
- Hcl 10&%
- 3D Laser imaging LIDAR (Scene software)
- Polishing grinder wheel
- Rock saws in 10" - 11" - and 24" oil.
- Direct feed - constant force core drilling machine with diameters: 63mm - 54mm - 50mm - 25mm - 41.9mm - 20.7mm - and 1/2" - 1/4" - 1/8".
- small point load tester with accustic travel (compressional only)
- Large load frame compressional (UCS)
Lock up proceedures:
- Ensure all lab equipment is turned off and stowed
- Return all chemicals to the storage cabinets.
- Return the A/C setting to 60 degrees in summer and 74 in winter.
- Turn off all lights and close doors.
TCU Energy Institute Shale Core Facility
Questions? Contact Carl Kurtz, Core Lab Technician, at 682-321-3964 or firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2015 Texas Christian University, All Rights Reserved